Field Technician Level I
Under general supervision, performs work of routine difficulty in network construction, installation and maintenance of the outside plant facilities, including customer premise equipment.
- Collects work instructions, materials and equipment, necessary for the job. Loads/offloads and drives assigned vehicle in accordance with the company’s safety and security standards.
- Installs and maintains Outside Plant facilities (Aerial and Underground) in accordance with the work assignments according to the company standards.
- Tags and proof-tests cable pairs and wires at cable terminals, splice closures, pedestals, distribution cabinets and distribution frames including those at customer premises, exchange and remote units.
- Repairs and replaces network cables, open/office & drop wires, house & local cables, distribution cases and connecting blocks.
- Installs, changes, repairs, adjusts, cleans and replaces telephone instruments and associated equipment.
- Executes work orders, cut sheets and other work assignments given by the direct/ indirect executive and submits appropriate documentation of executed field work to the Team Leader.
- Knowledge of Telecom operations at LBO in electro Level.
- Knowledge and understanding of OSP network.
- Knowledgeable in all forms of cable splicing
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and reporting skills.
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Dutch