Building a new home is an exciting journey, with a seemingly endless list of things to do. Planning to have home connectivity is an important item to have on your plan along with your electrical wiring and plumbing. This is to ensure that you have a wired network in every room for a reliable connection. Here are some tips on how to prepare your home for Internet.
Contact your architect to make sure the following is included in your electrical plan.
- 1” pipe from the meter wall to the building
- A ¾” pipe from the exterior of the building to a central room most optimal for WIFI distribution.
- Ensure your pipes have a sweep elbow rather than a 90° angle elbow
Planning Your Network Wiring is an important part of connectivity
- Plan locations for wired connections throughout the building (Router, Switches, Ethernet Cables)
- Plan for individual ¾” pipes from your central room to each room of preference.
Choose the Internet Package to suit your household needs. Deciding how much bandwidth is needed to suite your household needs is key to getting the best experience with your internet connection. Visit our website or one of our branches to find out which of our packages is best for your household.