Personal Information Collection
TelEm collects and use your personal information with your knowledge and consent and typically when you:
- Use TelEm’s products and services that are offered;
- Make customer enquiries;
- Respond to communications from us (such as SMS, emails, or surveys);
- Interact with TelEm’s website such as applying for a service, or using online services;
- Participate on TelEm’s social media pages such as Facebook;
- Participate in TelEm’s promotional events, incentive or loyalty programs;
- Provide information through TelEm’s Help Desk by which you have consented to provide your personal information.
Types of Information Collected
The types of personal information that TelEm may collect include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number);
- Identification information (such as ID number and date of birth);
- Demographic information (such as age and gender);
- Photographs or videos such as those that you may submit for contests or prizewinning competitions;
- Product specific information (such as preference, friends and family who you choseto include in your service plan, credit limit)
- Service account information (such as call usage, account balances, transactionhistory, credit information, billing, loyalty points)
Any personal information collected by TelEm will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated by you. We may otherwise use your personal information to assist with service related issues, technical support, billing purposes, to enhance your customer service experience by providing you with specific products and services tailored to meet your needs, for general marketing campaigns, network protection, legal and regulatory compliance.
TelEm Group does not sell, trade, transfer or otherwise share your personal identifiable information. The only exceptions to this rule are the following:
- If you specifically authorize TelEm to do so, like for the publishing of your name and phone number in our directory;
- If required by law and disclosure is necessary to comply with a court order orsimilar legal process;
- With TelEm Group service providers, field engineers, contractors who work on ourbehalf.
TelEm Group retains service specific data for no longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose for which the data is collected.
TelEm is committed to the protection of your data and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized alteration. TelEm provides physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. Access to your information is limited to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop and/or improve our services.
TelEm ensures secure data transfers using well-known security technologies and practices to secure data from unauthorized access or interception, such as security software, a virus scanner, and firewalls. We send your data via a secure internet connection. You can tell by the “https” in the address bar. Telem cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
TelEm may use functional, analytical and tracking cookies to maximize the user experience and performance of the website and services. A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit this website for the first time. You can choose to decline or disable cookies, and the information will not be collected. In addition, you can delete all information previously stored through your browser’s settings. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
Privacy Support & Inquiries
Effective date: September 15, 2022